At long last, Xbox is testing a “Do not disturb” online status in the latest Alpha build available for Xbox Insiders. While it isn’t out for the general public just yet, this is a sign that it could be receiving a wider release in the near future. Along with “Do not Disturb,” Preview Alpha build 1802.180105-1503 brings other new features like Mini Game Hubs and more.
The full patch notes were posted over on Xbox’s forums and the new features can be read below:
- With this update, you’ll be able to use the “Next Achievements” feature in the Guide, which enables you to view and sort a cross-games list of upcoming Achievements. Easily see which Achievements you are closest to, and quickly launch the game to obtain them. Sort filters allow you to prioritize next Achievements by closest, most common, rarest, most common rare, and highest Gamerscore.
- Mini Game Hubs will soon be available right in the Guide. With this feature, you’ll be able to access great content for the games you’ve played recently from a Game Hub without ever having to leave the action. Mini Game Hubs provide an easy way to see friends who are currently playing, upcoming Achievements, Looking for Group posts, and more.
- Sometimes all you want to do is avoid all distractions and focus entirely on your game. We’ll be including a “Do not disturb” online status, which will suppress notifications and let your friends know that you’re not available for another game or activity right now.
- We’re tweaking the community feed to make it easier to view comments. You’ll soon be able to see a peek of the most recent comment on community posts, with comments rearranged to place those that are most recent at the top. You’ll also be able to see who has liked your comments.
- To address user feedback, we’re adding additional inactivity shutdown options to the Power mode & startup menu. In addition to shutting down the console after one or six hours of inactivity, you will be able to select options for two, three, four and five hours.
It was not revealed when these features would roll out for everyone, but they will work their way through the other Xbox One Preview Update rings. A subset of users may also see additional experimental features intended to gauge interest and gather feedback for the team.