Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft recently updated their Xbox Music and Xbox Video app for Windows 8.1 devices. Both these apps have received new features and improved experience with this update.
- It’s now simpler to buy the albums and songs you want to keep forever. You can redeem Microsoft gift cards, too!
- A brand new user experience makes it easier and more fun to find music in your collection, listen to radio, and explore the Xbox Music catalogue
- Search is always accessible – just start typing! A new way of showing results makes it easier to find what you’re looking for
- Pause and play with a single tap from the new always-visible playback controls
- Snap the app and have fun multi-tasking while you listen
- For quick access, find your playlists the now playing list in the left-hand menu
- Use the Share Charm in Windows 8.1 to share any webpage to Xbox Music – we’ll look for music on it and make you a playlist
- Manage what shows up in your Windows music library, right in the app
- Perf improvements make it faster to start the app and get to your collection
- Improved layout for TV show extra episodes
- Improvements for portrait mode and high-resolution screens
- Additional minor fixes.