Microsoft recently updated their Xbox Music and Xbox Video app for Windows 8.1 devices. Both these apps has got new features and improved experience with this update.
- It’s now simpler to buy the albums and songs you want to keep forever. You can redeem Microsoft gift cards, too!
- A brand new user experience makes it easier and more fun to find music in your collection, listen to radio, and explore the Xbox Music catalog
- Search is always accessible – just start typing! A new way of showing results makes it easier to find what you’re looking for
- Pause and play with a single tap from the new always-visible playback controls
- Snap the app and have fun multi-tasking while you listen
- For quick access, find your playlists the now playing list in the left-hand menu
- Use the Share Charm in Windows 8.1 to share any webpage to Xbox Music – we’ll look for music on it and make you a playlist
- Manage what shows up in your Windows music library, right in the app
- Perf improvements make it faster to start the app and get to your collection
- Improved layout for TV show extra episodes
- Improvements for portrait mode and high resolution screens
- Additional minor fixes.