The Xbox Insider Program lets console owners test out the latest software before anyone else. However, not all Insiders are created equal. The program is separated into different rings and it looks like Insiders on Preview Ring 3 finally got an update tonight. Select members of Preview Ring 3 got their first Xbox One build since the recent changes to the Xbox Insider Program. Everyone else in the ring should be upgraded to the current build in the coming weeks.
Today’s build doesn’t add any major features but just wants to get the Creators Update to as many testers as possible. Like any Preview update, there are some signifiant issues which users should be aware of. Version rs_xbox_dev_flight.170308-1900 contains the following known problems:
• Party chat will stop functioning when headset audio is switched from Stereo Uncompressed to Windows Sonic while in a party.
• Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
• Upon resuming from connected standby, you may be prompted to update your controller firmware when no update is available.
• Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
• After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed.
• EA Access may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from The Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
• When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
• The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds.
• Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
If you haven’t received the update automatically or if you console isn’t on Instant-on mode, you can always go to the System menu in Settings and manually download the update. If you come across an issue which you believe Microsoft isn’t aware of in the Preview build, be sure to let them know on the feedback website.