The Dreambox is a series of Linux-powered DVB satellite, terrestrial and cable digital television receivers (set-top box), produced by German multimedia vendor Dream Multimedia. It’s "kind of" of open-source which has led many teams to develop so called "images" for this receiver as an alternative to the original one furnished by Dream Multimedia. In addition, many other hardware manufactures have produced their own receivers (some of them are actually clones while others are not) using the same concept of the Dreambox i.e. Linux-powered.
You can access the Dreambox (or any other satellite-receiver based on Enigma or Enigma2) through your local network or through Internet,and manage features such as handling timer-events, read EPG etc.
At present there are several applications to manage these boxes via the iPhone, but WM Dreambox Remote is the first for Windows Mobile.
The current version 0.6 of the software features:
- Remote Control (emulated)
- Bouquets-/Channels-lists from where you can change channel
- view EPG (only current) – only Enigma
- set timer (limited) – only Enigma
- Supports set-up of multiple profiles (e.g. At work, home, bedroom)
The developer, Tilleke, intends to implement in later versions:
- Complete EPG-information (both for Enigma and Enigma2)
- Timer management (edit, delete, add recordings)
- Controlling receiver such as rebooting, standby and switching off
- SMS (Send short messages to the TV-Screen)
- proper error handling
- other stuff
For more about the app and for the download read this XDA-Developer thread here.