WinZip today introduces the all-new WinZip® Universal app for Windows 10 phones and PCs, bringing the power of WinZip’s renowned file sharing, file management and security to any Windows 10 PC, tablet or phone. With WinZip® Universal, it’s easy to take advantage of the power of the world’s #1 Zip utility from any Windows 10 device.
Use WinZip Universal to safely handle large files on the go with an app that’s designed especially for your Windows 10 mobile device. Use drag and drop to open and create compressed files for easy sharing. Connect to your cloud accounts including OneDrive and send oversized files to contacts using email and social platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Protect what you share with military-grade encryption.
Complete with Cortana voice recognition, WinZip Universal gives you an exceptional Windows 10 experience on your PC, phone and tablet.
“WinZip started out as Windows users’ first choice for encryption and compression and now we’ve become the central hub for all your file management and sharing needs. Whether we’re supporting direct integration with OneDrive and Office 365 or building new file sharing platforms using Azure, we’re always looking for new ways to take advantage of the latest Windows technologies to help us drive WinZip product innovation and an amazing experience for our users,” said Bill Richard, VP of development, WinZip.
“WinZip has been developing applications that millions of users have relied on to be more productive over the years. With the new WinZip Universal, WinZip is expanding the rich file sharing and file management features it’s known for on the desktop to the full range of Windows 10 devices,” said Jason Hermitage, General Manager, Microsoft Canada.
As growing collections of digital content and files become harder to manage and increasingly vulnerable online, WinZip applications make it easy to take control of your files and protect your digital life.
The app features:
- Full support for the Windows 10 operating system, including PCs, tablets, and phones
- Open .zip, RAR, 7z, .zipx plus 22 more formats, including .gz, .bz, .ISO, .CAB, .B64, .BHX, .BZ, .BZ2, .CAB, .HQX, .LHA and .LHZ, .MIM, .TAZ, .TBZ, .TBZ2 .TGZ, .TZ, .UU, .UUE, .XXE, and .Z
- Save to .zip and .zipx formats and secure confidential files from prying eyes, whether they are sent by email, shared online or stored on your system, with WinZip Universal’s military-grade encryption
- Ask your assistant to zip/unzip files for you-WinZip Universal works with Cortana
- Interact seamlessly with your DropBox, Google Drive, Box and OneDrive cloud services. Easily upload or download files, zip and encrypt before posting, and share links to files from your own email
- Easily send large files by email by zipping your attachments first or by using the integrated ZipShare file delivery service
- Securely share any type of file and rich content on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter using seamless integration with ZipShare
- Deliver zipped files to your contacts through email, social media or other Windows 10 apps using the Windows ‘Share file with app’ option from the WinZip ‘Share’ button
- Secure any files you send to mobile devices with WinZip’s password protection
- Experience super easy-to-use Microsoft Office tab-style interface with touch-friendly features
- Quickly see the content of very large zip files-even those containing hundreds of files-with the optimized user interface
- Drag files from Explorer and drop them on WinZip Universal to quickly add them to a zip file
See screen shots of the app below:
WinZip Universal is available as a free trial and for a one year subscription on the Windows Store at: