Microsoft today announced that Windows 10 is now running on 300 million active devices around the world. Microsoft also shared some interesting stats related to Windows 10 usage. Read them below.
- Over 63 billion minutes were spent on Microsoft Edge in March alone, with 50% growth in minutes since the last quarter. Exclusively available on Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is our modern browser for helping you get things done.
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant in Windows 10, has helped answer over 6 billion questions since launch.
- People are playing games on Windows 10 more than ever before, with over 9 billion hours of gameplay on Windows 10 since launch.
- Apps that come with Windows 10, including Photos, Groove Music, and Movies & TV are seeing millions of active users each month, including more than 144 million people using Photos.
- And, the Windows Store continues to grow daily with new Universal Windows Platform apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger; updated UWP apps from Vine, Hulu, Netflix and Twitter; and popular PC games including Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break.
Microsoft today said that they will end the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 on July 29 as announced before. After July 29th, consumers will be able to to continue to get Windows 10 on a new device, or purchase a full version of Windows 10 Home for $119.