Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Last month, Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18343 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Last week, it was pushed to Slow Ring Insiders and today, it is now available as ISO download. Find the change log of this build below.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- Microsoft fixed the Connected Standby issue that resulted in them blocking PCs with Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 processor model. If your PC was unable to take Build 18342 from earlier this week due to having one of these processor models, you should be able to take this flight!
- Microsoft fixed the issue that required an additional reboot when performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. Microsoft is partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Microsoft is continuing to investigate reported issues in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. Microsoft is investigating the issue.
- In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
- Mouse pointer colour might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
- Microsoft is investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
You can download the ISO here from Microsoft.