Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
The biggest missing feature of the Apple Watch is sleep tracking, with a number of 3rd party applications arising to plug the hole.
Today at WWDC Apple finally announced a native solution which brings a battery-efficient sleep tracking app to the smartwatch.
The update will also be bringing a number of other improvements.
The full changelog includes:
- Built-in sleep tracking with iPhone integration
- New workout types including Dance, Core Training, Functional Strength Training, and Cool Down
- Activity app renamed Fitness
- Apple Maps now contains cycling routes in select cities
- Two new watch faces including a new Chronograph face with a tachometer and an XL face
- Watch face sharing between Apple Watches
- Multiple complications per app for third-party apps
- Hand wash detection and countdown timers
The update will become available to developers today and will enter public beta in July.