Microsoft yesterday announced the release of Visual Studio Code August 2020 (version 1.49) update. This new update comes with a number of improvements such as the ability to format changed code alone, ability to quickly filter and find debugging output, and more. Find the full change log below.
- Format modified text – Limit formatting to just the code you’ve changed.
- Change casing on Search and Replace – Change text casing during global Search and Replace.
- Source Control repositories view – Display pending changes per repository.
- Filter Debug Console output – Quickly filter and find debugging output.
- Improved JS debugger Auto Attach – “Smart” Auto Attach to Node.js scripts or test runners.
- TypeScript optional chaining refactoring – Convert multiple checks to a concise optional chain.
- JSDoc @deprecated tag support – IntelliSense clearly shows APIs marked as deprecated.
- Notebook UX updates – Cell Status bar contributions, enhanced notebook diff editor.