Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft yesterday announced the general availability of sensitivity labeling feature in Office apps on Mac, iOS and Android. With this feature, users can apply sensitivity labels to their files and emails to keep them compliant with their organization’s information protection policies.
After you apply a sensitivity label, the label information will remain always attached the document even when it is shared between devices, apps, and services. It may also result in changes to your file depending on policies, such as:
- Encryption with Information Rights Management may be applied to your document or email
- A header or footer may appear in your document or email
- A watermark may appear in your document
Following Office apps will support sensitivity labeling:
- Office for Mac: Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook
- Office mobile apps for iOS: Word, PowerPoint & Excel (Outlook coming soon)
- Office mobile apps for Android: Word, PowerPoint & Excel (Outlook coming soon)
In the coming months, Microsoft will expand sensitivity labels to other Office apps and platforms, including Outlook for iOS and Android, Outlook on the web, Office apps on Windows and Office Online apps.