The Lumia 950 and 950 XL have quite a few features and hidden tricks up their sleeves that aren’t immediately obvious at first glance.
One of these features is WiFi calling. Originally debuting on Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 as a native built-in feature, WiFi calling is now available on Lumia 950 devices as long as they have a sim from carriers that support WiFi calling.
To activate Wifi calling on your new Lumia 950 XL do the following:
- Navigate to the settings app either via the tile or action center shortcut.
- Search for “Mobile” in the search bar (to avoid all the drilling down) and tap on “Mobile and Sim” or alternatively, search for ” Cellular and Sim”
- Choose sim settings on the “Mobile/Cellular and sim” settings page.
- Scroll the page until you see WiFi calling.
- Toggle it on.
To record voice calls on your Lumia device, complete the following steps.
- Navigate to the settings pane and head to the “phone” setting in the “System” sub-menu.
- Scroll down to the “Default apps” section at the very bottom.
- Select the voice recorder app as the app to manage your recorded hone calls
- You are now able to record phone calls.
Are there any other Lumia 950 tips and tricks you have encountered? Let us know in the comments below.