Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Twitter is rolling out a new update for its PWA app for Windows 10. The new update brings several new features for the app and is available on the Microsoft Store. You can head below to take a look at the changelog for the update.
- Video: Events with a video will now pop-out the video and put it in the bottom corner of the screen as you scroll down to read tweets.
- Events: Added social context (‘8k people here’) to the events page to share the scale of the event.
- Image Uploading: You can now resize and crop uploaded images for your Tweets and DMs. Click the paintbrush icon on the bottom right after selecting an image to adjust the image (Profile image cropping is coming soon™).
- Polls: Improvements to poll display and poll creation on smaller screens.
- Emoji: Update emoji to Twemoji 11.3. Good visual coverage of the changes at Emojipedia and more specific details at GitHub
- Profile: Allow media carousel to scroll through more items. It was set to 6, increased to 20.
- Profile (mobile only, for now): When viewing an account’s Tweets, Likes, or Media we’ll show the total count. It appears under the account name in the header, and changes appropriately as you navigate the profile.
- Images: Slightly improved image quality for large images.
- Timeline: Scroll positioning now accurately accounts for the size of the top-navigation component.
- Accessibility: Improved the screen readability of the composer to at the top of the timeline.
- Direct Messages: Make the entire conversation a drag/drop target, rather than just the input component.
- Profile: Profile photos are no longer slightly cropped.
- Timeline: The ‘retweeted by’ text is now properly aligned.
- Tweets: Tweet gif attachments were incorrectly limited to 5MB, we’ve increased the limit to 15MB.
- Video: Fixed an issue when rotating a device while playing a full-screen video.
- Video: Allow Firefox to autoplay videos too.
- Timeline: Fixed a scroll position bug cause by a change in Chrome’s full-screen behavior.
- Direct Messages: Images in DMs will always be full size (as opposed to the cropped display the timeline uses)
Windows 10 users can head to the Microsoft Store and download the app right now. Do let us know your thoughts on the update in the comments section below.
[appbox windowsstore 9wzdncrfj140]