TVPlayer is a live TV service which allows television licence holders in the United Kingdom to stream 75 free live television channels, including BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Heart TV, Capital TV and The Box.
TVPlayer also offers a “TVPlayer Plus” branded ‘no contract, cancel anytime’ monthly-basis subscription service for £5.99 which allows consumers access to an additional 30 live streaming television channels, including Gold, Cartoon Network, Discovery Channel, Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2. TVPlayer Plus also allows users to catch up on programmes from the Plus channel line-up.
The company, which has been around since 2013, has already launched apps for iOS, Android and Apple TV, and has just released a UWP app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, offering desktop and phone users access to the streaming TV service.
In a statement Rob Hodgkinson, Chief Operating Officer of TVPlayer, said:
“We believe that you should be able to watch your favourite TV shows on any device whenever you want, at home or on the go. We are pleased to announce that our audience will now be able to view both our free and premium content across all Windows 10 devices.”
The app features:
- Free to use
- Now and Next to see what’s on
- 60+ Live channels and access to 30 premium channels.
- Browse channels within the player whilst watching another channel
- Fully optimised adaptive streaming
- Watch on 2 devices at the same time. Maximum 5 devices.
- Support for Continuum for Phones
- All channels are available on Wi-Fi: some channels are also available on 3G and 4G
See screen shots of the app below:
Find the app in the Windows Store here.