GPS Tuner have published an update to their popular Turn by Turn GPS Navigation app which provides voice-guided GPS Navigation.
New in this version is the ability to download maps prior to traveling, reducing the chance of losing your maps when driving into an area with poor coverage. Unfortunately actual route planning still needs an internet connection, so the cord can still not be cut completely.
The full list of features are:
- Pre-download (cache) maps to reduce real time data transfer
- Itinerary (turn list for planned routes)
- List view of search results
- Avoid Highway/Toll roads option
- Edit attributes in Favorites
- Voice-Guided turn by turn Navigation with premium audio quality
- Automatic Map rotation according to your heading
- POI and address search
- Add POI-s or locations to Favorites
- Route calculation based on Time or Distance using Traffic information
- Bing Road and Hybrid Maps
- Supporting Portrait and Landscape mode
- Automatic re-routing if you miss a turn
- Speed dependent Volume control
- Driving and Walking directions
- US and Metric units are supported
The team are currently working on adding German, French, Italian and Spanish voices and UI.
The app is $4.99 with a trial mode which allows routes shorter than 12 miles to be planned and can be found in Marketplace here.