Torchbear is a FREE social location based mobile game where players from all over the globe participate in the Worldâ€™s BIGGEST RELAY!
Similar to how the Olympic flame is passed from one person to another to spread the message of peace, unity and friendship Torchbear works in the same manner.
Today we happy to announce that we rolling out the first update to Torchbear, here is a list of changes made:
- We added support for both Miles and Kilometres (defaulted to miles, to change go to the settings menu)
- We increased the exchange distance from 1 mile to 10 miles (16 km)
- New Points system – Torch points have been removed, torches are now ranked by Number of Followers the torch has
- Players now receive points:
- New Leaderboards, We now include leaderboards for both torches and players, each category is split up into Worlds Top 20, Nearby Top 20, and the Top 20 Players/Torches you are following
- Torch Profile Pics – ability to save any torch profile pic to your phone
- Ability to rotate torch profiles pics
- Previously you could not update your Torch profile pic after you had exchanged torches, now you can
- Torch Details – you can now update torch details after you have created a torch.
- Note! If you have already exchanged your torch with someone else and you then update the torch name or mission the changes will need to first be approved by us. This is to make sure that the change is still in line with the original torch mission.
- Torch Exchanges – we now allow players to make multiple exchanges with torches they have previously held
- The “Around Me” list has been improved, we now visually show which torches you have already held, and which torches currently have pending torch requests either by you or by someone else.
- Photos – all photos including both torch & player profile pics can now be saved to the phone.
- Lots of other bug fixes and small improvements
You can download Torchbear for free from here.
Current Map of all the Ignited Torches around the world: