Torchbear is a location based social game that brings people from all over the world together in a very unique way.
The easiest way to describe torchbear is to compare it to how the Olympic flame or torch is passed from person to person, nation to nation.
The torch represents a mission or a challenge that players try and preform before passing it on.
- Total distance travelled by all torches combined is over 1 500 000 km (over 900 000 miles).
- There are torches in over 80 countries around the world!
What’s New in this release:
- Redesigned torch updates view, with now the ability for any torchbearer of the torch to comment on any of the torch updates. Another new feature is for anyone (even if they haven’t held the torch before) to Love, Laugh, Like or Dislike a torch update. This is the new torch comment view (right).
- Mango support
- Live Tile – tile now flips over to show extra information
- Sharing – share torch updates with all your favourite social networks
- Opaque status bar – gives the app extra screen space, and looks better
- ProgressBar now uses the status bar for improved performance
- Instant app switching
- Improved speed of the following screens – What’s New, World News, Local News, My News, and Torches Around Me
- Location Names are now more friendly in the news feed, only display Suburb, Region & Country names when available, no more postal codes & street addresses.