Update: Many users are reporting slowdowns when they’ve downloaded the update to an original Xbox One, not the Xbox One S. We experienced this too and have a solution. When you update the console, just restart it and let it sit there, with the hard drive spinning, for a good 15 minutes. We aren’t sure why the console needs this time but we believe it has to do with reorganizing existing files. So just let the console sit there for a while and everything should be fixed. Restart again and you shouldn’t have any lag in the interface.
A new update is rolling out to Xbox One owners today. We’ve waited for this for a long time and it’s finally. While Mixer enhancements and other Arena changes are always welcome, it’s one feature that really stands out. The update which is expected to roll out later today, is all about addressing feedback from the community:
- Upload custom gamerpics to your Xbox profile, choose how you want to express yourself.
- Mixer co-streaming is now on console, for everyone. With just a few clicks, you and up to three of your friends can stream together in a single broadcast.
- Never miss your friends’ streams inside your Club and Arena Tournaments.
- Sign-in to your Xbox One with just one press of the Home button on your controller. Now you can make your controller truly your own.
- New user-generated tournaments for Killer Instinct on Xbox One means it’s never been easier to go to battle with your friends.
Custom gamerpics have been in the works for many months now and this is definitely a pleasant surprise. We thought we’d have to wait until the Xbox One X to get this feature. However, while this is great update, Microsoft is already working on an even better one. Remember the company’s recent Fluent Design language? Well, there’s going to be an update which makes the Xbox One interface just gorgeous. For now, just enjoy custom gamerpics and other enhancements on your console.