Update: There’s another Xbox One build rolling out to Alpha Insiders today. According to a user on Reddit, it fixes a lot of bugs and adds some interesting features like the ability to see which of your games is Xbox One X Enhanced. The number of Pins will increase alongside many other changes.
Today, Microsoft announced that a new Dashboard update was rolling out to Xbox Alpha Insiders alongside other changes. While not all the upgrades will be available today, many will make it to users. The team just released the patch notes for today’s update and there are a few surprises in there. The patch notes for build 1710 are as follows:
• Customize your Home layout.
• Effortless Guide navigation.
• Copy and move content with ease.
Microsoft have made it significantly easier to copy and transfer games and programs between external hard drives. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Navigate to Settings, then System and then Storage.
2. Select a connected hard drive.
3. Use the Transfer option to move content between hard drives. Using this feature you can move games and applications one at a time or in bulk using the Select all option.
• Applications may fail to install immediately after taking the update. The workaround is to reboot your console immediately after updating to the latest system update.
• Moving and editing pin blocks may cause console to crash to Home.
• Upon opening Quickpoll from the main menu, the Xbox Insider Hub will lose focus, impacting use of the app. You can fix this by returning to Home briefly before reopening the Xbox Insider Hub.
• You may experience sign-in or launch issues when using the Xbox Insider Hub. The fix to this is a little severe. You have to temove your Profile from the console in Settings and re-download it prior to launching the Xbox Insider Hub.
Due to the number of features being introduced alongside 1710, this system update will require 3.6 GB of storage. That’s quite a lot so be prepared for a wait if you’re on a slower internet connection. Let us know how the update performs and if it’s as fast as Microsoft says. Hopefully users will like the changes and they’ll make their way to normal Xbox One owners before the Xbox One X launches.