Unfortunately PayPal has not seen it fit yet to make a Windows Phone 7 app, but that does not mean you will be stuck out and about without knowing your balance.
PayPhone by YellowStar connects to your PayPal account using OAuth, meaning the app or developers never access, store or forward your password, but merely a token allowing them to access your account. This does mean that the app does have some limitations however, such as not actually being able to make any payments, but of course overall it makes the app more secure.
To keep snoops from your account history the app allows you to assign a password or PIN number, and will optionally helpfully log you out if you use fast app switching.
The app is free forever with ads in trial mode, but on purchase will enable features such as the Live Tile and deeper transaction history.
The app features:
- See your current PayPal balance
- View your recent transactions – 6 months for the free version, and 12 months when purchased
- All data securely encrypted
- LiveTile displays you balance, and any changes, on the phone main screen.
- View detailed information about each transaction
- PIN/Password protected access to the application
- Filter your recent transaction by date, and type
The app is $0.99 with a free trial and can be found in Marketplace here.