Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Tesla is famous for constantly tweaking their vehicles during their production, but Electrek reports than a big update is coming that would qualify as a full refresh.
The update includes:
- A chrome delete for the exterior trim.
- A powered trunk, like on the Model Y.
- An update to the upholstery with what appears to be a darker material.
- A completely different centre console with a matte finish and a chrome trim and a sliding door instead of a flipping lid, like on the Model S/X.
- The cup holders have been moved higher and now no longer has a chrome trim.
- The phone charger is now immobile, is wrapped in fake leather and the centre now has a suede-like material.
- The windows now have double-panned glass, which should help insulate from noise and weather.
Regular Tesla leaker JSTesla has now posted a picture of the new centre console, which can be seen below:
The new design is somewhat controversial as it appears much more conventional than the current design (below), but it should definitely attract fewer fingerprints.
According to Elecktrek, the new version is already in production in Fremont, though its not known when it will hit the market.
Tesla has recently managed record shipments in the middle of a pandemic, and these new tweaks should help bring in new buyers looking for the latest greatest.