Razer announced today that their redesigned 13-inch ultraportable laptop line will be coming out soon.
The new Razer Blade Stealth has a near bezel-less display, longer battery life, and better performance for gamers all wrapped inside a beautiful high-grade aluminum chassis.
Razer’s biggest focus on this model appears to be the screen which is touted as 60% thinner than the previous Blade Stealth. With panels going up to a stunning 4K resolution, this edge-to-edge display should provide some of the best image quality possible on an ultraportable. There is a touch-screen option for the 4K version.
The Blade Stealth also introduces a Windows Hello-capable web cam and, like every laptop should, the camera is placed at the top of the screen.
Razer are pushing the ultraportable form factor hard this time around as all configurations of the Razer Blade Stealth come packed with the new Whisky Lake 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U. The base model comes with 8GB of 2133MHz dual-channel memory while dedicated graphics models (which uses an Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB GDDR5) are packed with 16GB of 2133MHz dual-channel memory. They say this is for “power users” … MSPowerusers, maybe? (Badum tst)
Despite these specs, the new Razer Blade Stealth is still a sleek and slim 13-inch laptop that can reach 13 hours of battery life. Pretty impressive!
Razer advanced thermal system and new power management options have been integrated into Razer Synapse 3 software to maximize battery life, quiet fans in a meeting, or provide full power when gaming.
The redesigned Blade Stealth isn’t lacking in the connectivity department either. Of course, the RGB Synapse 3 support is back with a fully backlit keyboard but connectivity options include: Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™), USB-C™ 3.1 Gen 2, two USB-A, and a 3.5mm audio combo port. The included Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™) port features 4 lanes of PCIe for up to 40 Gbps of blazing fast transfer speeds.
Razer are saying that the Thunderbolt 3 port is designed to allow the connection of external desktop graphics cards to boost performance if needed. It’s an option if it’s needed.
The all-new line of Razer Blade Stealth ultraportables will start at just $1,399 MSRP. They’re available to purchase starting today from either Razer.com or select retailers in the US and Canada. It’s coming soon to United Kingdom, France, Germany, Nordics, China, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, and Taiwan.
Here are the full specs for the new Razer Blade Stealth Line.
- Windows® 10 Home (64-bit)
- Quad-Core 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8565U Processor with Hyper Threading 1.8 GHz / 6 GHz (Base/Turbo)
- Graphics Options
- NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 (25W) 4GB GDDR5 VRAM + Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Display Options
- 3″ FHD Matte (1920 X 1080), 100% sRGB, 4.9mm thin side bezels, individually calibrated
- 3″ 4K (3840 × 2160), touch display, 100% sRGB, 4.9mm thin side bezels, individually calibrated
- Up to 512GB PCIe M.2 (Graphics Model) / 256GB M.2 SATA (Base Model)
- Up to 16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz dual-channel onboard memory (Fixed)
- Battery life up to 13 hours (Base Model)
- Keyboard with Razer Chroma™ single-zone full key backlighting and anti-ghosting technology.
- Glass touchpad (Microsoft Precision Touchpad)
- Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth® 5.0 connectivity
- Input & Output
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™), power port, 4 lanes of PCI Express
- USB-C 3.1 Gen 2, power port
- 2x Type-A USB 3.1
- 5mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Windows Hello compliant infrared camera, HD 720p
- Stereo, 4 Speakers + Smart Amp
- Array microphone
- Dolby® Atmos
- Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) security embedded, TMP 2.0
- Razer Synapse 3 enabled with programmable keyboard
- Temper 6 CNC precision milled unibody aluminum chassis, anodized black finish, tone on tone Razer logo
- Dimensions | Height: 0.58” / 14.8 mm, Width: 11.99” / 304.6 mm, Depth: 8.27” / 210 mm
- Compact 65W USB-C power adapter
- Weight From 2.82 lbs. / 1.28kg (Base Model)