Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft has recently announced release of Visual Studio 2019 for Mac Preview 3. The preview release comes with several new features including new C# editor, support for multiple instances, reliable Git support and more. Find the list of new improvements below.
- Easily launching multiple instances of the IDE, right from the macOS dock.
- Create smaller and faster Android apps with Xamarin and optimizing the Android development loop.
- Replacing the Unity debugger with the same core engine used in Visual Studio on Windows.
- Increased stability and performance of code editor, Git tooling, .NET Core debugging, and project/solution load improvements.
- Reliable Git support so that all file changes/adds/removes are tracked and committed.
- A first preview of the new, fast, fluid, and performant C# editor, built on top of the same core editor as Visual Studio on Windows.
You can download the preview release today or use the in-product update feature to have the latest version. You can read more about the new features available in this release here.