Microsoft has recently announced release of Visual Studio 2019 for Mac Preview 3. The preview release comes with several new features including new C# editor, support for multiple instances, reliable Git support and more. Find the list of new improvements below.
- Easily launching multiple instances of the IDE, right from the macOS dock.
- Create smaller and faster Android apps with Xamarin and optimizing the Android development loop.
- Replacing the Unity debugger with the same core engine used in Visual Studio on Windows.
- Increased stability and performance of code editor, Git tooling, .NET Core debugging, and project/solution load improvements.
- Reliable Git support so that all file changes/adds/removes are tracked and committed.
- A first preview of the new, fast, fluid, and performant C# editor, built on top of the same core editor as Visual Studio on Windows.
You can download the preview release today or use the in-product update feature to have the latest version. You can read more about the new features available in this release here.