We regularly reports on apps coming to Windows Phone, but rarely are they as useful as the latest arrival on our platform, Tesco International Calling.
The Tesco International Calling App lets you enjoy cheap international calls and send SMS messages direct from your mobile, offering a great alternative to traditional international calling cards.
The app works both via the local phone network (much akin to a calling card), and over WIFI like Skype (with calls and SMS messages then being free).
The app offers:
- Earn free credit when recommending friends
- Call at great rates from only 1p to over 200 countries
- Enjoy cheap calls to India, Pakistan, Poland, Nigeria, USA, Bangladesh and many other locations overseas
- Send an SMS to anyone in the world
- Enjoy free App to App calls and send messages free of charge (Wi-Fi/3G only)
- Easy to use; syncs with contacts
- Make international calls over Wi-Fi, 3G and local access (03 number)
- Share the product on Facebook and Twitter
- Travel Mode ensures that calls can only be made via Wi-Fi, perfect for when you’re overseas and want to avoid roaming charges
- Register your Clubcard and collect points on every top-up
- Calls to the 03 access number are free for Tesco Mobile customers
The service requires a Windows Phone 8.1 device and is UK only. New users get a free £1 credit.
Download the app from the Windows Phone Store here.