Terraria, the hugely popular adventure game where you explore, craft, and fight, is available to digitally download and play right now on Nintendo Switch.
First released back in 2011, Terraria is a 2D action-adventure sandbox game that takes place in a beautiful and procedurally generated world.
Starting out with just a pickaxe, a sword, and an axe, it’s up to you to find resources, craft new items, defeat enemies, build beautiful architectural feats, and attract various NPCs to your world. The only limit is your imagination!
The Switch version of Terraria is packed with plenty of enhanced features, including:
- Touch screen support!
- Up to 8-player online play (Nintendo Switch Online subscription required)
- Over 300 enemies to fight
- Over 20 Bosses and Events to test your mettle
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moonlord final boss encounter
- Over 20 Biomes and Mini-Biomes to explore, including lush forests, barren deserts, dungeons, the underworld, and the terrifying Corruption
- A new Expert Mode that’ll prove a challenge for even the hardiest of Terraria veterans
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Over 20 NPCs to discover
- More than 800 new items to discover
The digital edition of Terraria is available from the Nintendo eShop for just $29.99. If you’re more into physical releases – good news! A physical edition of the game will be available on retail store shelves later this summer.
If you’ve never played Terraria and you’re curious to learn more about how you can start your own quest for glory, you can check out the official site here.