Traffic news and route guidance app Telenav Scout has just made its arrival in the Windows Phone Store.
The GPS Navigation app features:
- My Dashboard — This handy home screen is always updated with the most relevant local info for your daily journey. With just a glance or one tap, see your traffic-based commute times, your favorites, local weather, nearby places, and more.
- Multiple routes— Choose from up to three traffic-optimized routes that get you to your destination efficiently
- Step-by-Step Turn list — Easily follow the directions for your selected route with the visual list of all turns.
- Local search — With millions of listings, find what you need wherever you are with the convenient auto fill search box.
- Nearby Places — With just one tap, find nearby gas, restaurants, ATMs, and more. See details about each place, like phone number, ratings, reviews, and hours of operation.
- My Places — Save your favorite and most frequented places so you can access them easily from My Dashboard.
An in-app purchase of $25 per year adds:
- Voice Turn-by-Turn Directions —Drive confidently with award-winning voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions on 2D and 3D moving maps.
- Traffic Alerts —Know what to expect along your route with real-time traffic alerts, and avoid jams with one-tap rerouting.
- Maps with red-light cameras and traffic flows — See nearby traffic flows and always have a heads up on red-light cameras in the area.
- Voice Commands — Speak, don’t type, to view a map or directions to a street address or saved place and navigate there hands free while keeping your eyes on the road to avoid accidents, hazards and being stopped by the police.
The app will be competing with Nokia’s Commute feature in the latest version of Nokia Drive +, but offers more options for those who feel Nokia’s service could be better.
Find the Windows Phone 8 app in the Windows Phone Store here.