Telegram’s group functionality is getting better. The firm notes that since it first introduced groups to the world, it has since increased the max group size from 200 up to 10, 000 times. This can make it easy to get lost in a swarm of messages, especially if someone is trying to communicate with you specifically. Telegram has now added a new feature where threads with responses to you are now tagged with a new @ button, so you won’t be missing out on anything. You can also scroll through your mentions and responses in new Groups –again–using the new @ button. It won’t convince your friends to switch from WhatsApp or iMessage, but if they’re already using Telegram, it’ll be a life saver.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s new:
- Search for specific group messages.
- Groups that contain missed and unread answers to your posts are now tagged with a ‘@’ badge in the chat list.
- Scroll between the new mentions and responses to your messages in a group using the new ‘@’ button.
- Save your stickers as “favourites” to quickly access them from the new sticker panel.
- Add an official sticker set to your group so that all members see it and can use it when writing within the group (only for groups with more than 100 members).
- New voice call icon for Windows phones via the Preview app
You can download Telegram from Windows from the store links below.