Telegram is getting updated on the Windows Store, Play Store and App Store today. Windows users will be getting updated to version 1.1.15, while mobile users should expect version 4.2 to come down the pipeline.
Here’s what’s new in the update for Windows users (via WinBlogItalia):
- Send your text messages to ** bold ** and __corsivo__
- Displays the message link in the public supergroups.
- Share posts quickly from media channels and media.
- Search for members of supergroups by name.
- New tools for administrators:
- Search for channel users by name.
- Use search in the register of service actions.
- Remove the members of the supergroups with the right click menu in the service action log.
- Bug fixes and various enhancements.
Telegram also picked up mobile updates today, enabling support for disappearing media. This means users on the iPhone and Android can now send photos or videos with a built in self-destruct, just like Snapchat but on a more stable messaging platform. Telegram will also now let Android and iOS users add a bio to their profile, so strangers who stumble on them from interesting group chats will be able to know who they’re talking to.
For all users. Telegram has shifted its media storage to a content data network, so pictures and videos on groups are faster to download, regardless of platform for “tens of millions of users worldwide”.
Telegram as a messaging app is nowhere as big as WhatsApp or Messenger, the two dominant messaging platforms at the moment, but there’s no denying that it has its advantages.
Telegram for Windows 10 is available from the Windows Store link here.