Telegram is rapidly iterating on its app, and now today it has launched yet another set of new features to its already feature-packed messaging app.
The highlights of this week’s release are as follows:
- Scheduled Messages: Taking the instant out of instant messages, but perhaps for a good cause. A user can now customise when their message is sent. If you want to remind someone of something at a certain time or you just don’t want to appear overeager, you can type up your message as it hits you and send it later.
- Reminders: With Telegram’s Saved Messages feature, you can make use of scheduled messages to surface reminders for yourself. The app will remind you when it hits the appointed time. Why you’ll use this instead of your built-in reminders app isn’t entirely clear, but you have the option to.
- Custom Cloud Themes: Now you can share your custom themes via a link to enable fast switching when you use a new device or even share to friends and family.
- Privacy Settings: Telegram now lets you hide your phone number from people who aren’t your contacts. This means that even if someone already has your number, Telegram won’t suggest your profile to them as a target unless you have their number saved in your Contacts app.
- Animated Emoji: Just like Skype, Telegram has added more emoji to their animated emoji family with ?, ?, ?, ?, ? or ?.
The updates will roll out this week on iOS and Android via their respective app stores.