Microsoft is today releasing a new firmware update for the Surface Pro 4. The latest update is rolling out right now via Windows Update for Surface Pro 4 owners and it isn’t really a substantial update in terms of new features and fixes. With the latest update, Surface Pro 4 owners will now see the Power Control slider in the tray if they are running the Windows 10 Creators Update. The Power Control slider can be seen in the Battery fly out from the tray, which will let you change the power mode on your device. For instance, you can switch the power mode to get the best battery life or the best performance right from the tray which is pretty neat.
The new firmware also includes driver updates for the Surface UEFI, Pen Pairing, and the Management Engine, along with updates for the Surface Accessory Device. Here’s the full list of updates:
- Surface driver update for Surface Management Engine
- Surface driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware
- Surface driver update for Surface UEFI
- Surface driver update for Surface Pen Pairing
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Accessory Device
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520,
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller
- Intel(R) Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Display Audio and Surface driver update for Surface Integration
Microsoft is yet to provide an official changelog for the firmware update, but we’ll make sure to update this article once that’s available. In the meantime, make sure to check for updates to get the latest firmware on your Surface Pro 4.