Just like February, Sony is continuing its trend to top the console game sales in the US. In March 2015, PlayStation 4 is the top-selling console and No. 1 in software sales again according to NPD sales data and PS4 remains the cumulative sales leader both globally and in the United States. “In March, cumulative U.S. Xbox One sales continued to outpace Xbox 360 sales at the same point in its lifecycle,” said Microsoft in response to NPD numbers.
Top Games for last month,
- Battlefield: Hardline (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Mario Party 10 (Wii U) (sold 290,000 copies physical and digital, according to Nintendo)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4, Xbox One)
- Final Fantasy: Type 0 HD (PS4, Xbox One)
In general, console sales are better than expected.
“This is the seventeenth month of sales for the Xbox One and PS4, whose combined cumulative hardware sales are over 50 percent higher than the combined seventeen-month cumulative sales totals for the Xbox 360 and PS3.”