For the eighth straight month, Sony’s PlayStation 4 has beat Xbox One in sales in the US. Even the increasing of console sales after the price cut was not enough for Microsoft to catch up with PS4. But the good news is that Xbox Ones sales are on the increasing month over month. In fact, Xbox One sales “nearly” doubled from July partially due to strong demand for the Xbox One Madden NFL 15 bundle. Sony announced that they are leading the combined console sales in the US for three months in a row now.
The good news for console industry is that, after nearly 10 months of launch in the retail, combined PS4 and Xbox One sales are up 70% than where combined PS3 and Xbox 360 sales over the same time period. Find the list of top games in sales for the month of August below,
1. Madden NFL 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
2. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
3. Minecraft (360, PS3)
4. The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC, Wii U)
6. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, Wii U, PS4, 3DS, DS, Xbox One, Vita, PC)
7. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One)
8. Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
9. Battlefield 4 (360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
10. The Lego Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, Vita)
The good news for Microsoft is that they are expanding Xbox One availability to several new markets this month and also they have announced several new Xbox One hardware bundles, new game launches lined up for this holiday season which should boost their sales.
What do you think Xbox team can do increase the sales?