Few months ago, we gave you the first look at Skype UWP for Windows 10 PCs and Mobile. Recently, the app has been released for Windows 10 PCs by Microsoft for those in the Insider preview. As you may know, the app isn’t officially available for Mobile devices just yet as Microsoft is still working on optimizing the app for Mobile devices. Now, the Skype UWP app for Windows 10 Mobile has been leaked by Jeremy Sinclair on XDA Forums. If you are an Insider running the latest build of Windows 10 Mobile Redstone, you will be able to download and install the app on your phone by following the steps below:
- Download the .appxbundle for the app here
- Copy the .appxbundle to your phone
- Open the Settings app, go to Update & Security > For Developers and enable Developer Mode
- After that, browse to the file using the File Explorer on your phone
- Click on the file to install it
Alternatively, you can use the Device Portal to install the app on your Windows 10 Mobile device as well. Keep in mind that as this isn’t an official release, the app is expected to be buggy and have a lot of rough edges — which means, rather than complaining about the app being slow, it’s better to wait for the official release.