Silicon Power yesterday announced its second portable SSD model, the Bolt B10. The Bolt B10 weighs only 25g, yet it offers storage of up to 512GB. And it supports fast data transfer rates of up to 400MB/s read/write. Since it is a SSD, it is more robust and forgiving to accidental drops than a traditional portable HDD.
Silicon Power mentioned that B10 supports LDPC (Low-Density Parity Check) coding, a very effective error correction function to protect against data corruption. Also the wear leveling technology insider it helps to extend the SSDs life span.
- Capacity: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- Dimension: 80 x 49.5 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 25g
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Black
- Interface: USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0, USB 2.0 compatible
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS 10.5.x or later, Linux 2.6.31 or later
- Performance read (max.): up to 400MB/s
- Performance write (max.): up to 400MB/s
- Cable: Micro-B (B10) to Type-A (PC/LT)
- Operating temperature: 0°C – 70°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C – 85°C
- Certification: CE/FCC/BSMI/Green dot/RCM/KCC/RoHS/EAC/WEEE
- Warranty: 3 years?
B10 is now available for order from various retailers in the US.