Koushik Dutta, lord of .Net CF, has created a game for the HTC Touch Diamond that brings together many of his efforts to ease development of .Net software that takes full advantage of the excellent hardware of the HTC Touch Diamond.
The game is simple:
- Move the ship by tilting the device.
- Don’t run into an asteroid.
- Blow up the asteroids into tiny pieces.
- When an asteroid spawns (it will be faded out), you have 5 seconds to get away from it before it can hurt you.
- Rotate the Nav sensor clockwise to fire a bullet.
- Rotate the Nav sensor counter clockwise to fire a spray of bullets. You can only use this special ability once every 5 seconds.
- Asteroids spawn every 15 seconds.
The author mostly intended the game as a proof of concept to provide other developers starting ground to create their own amazing games for the HTC Touch Diamond. With this in mind not only is the game freely downloadable, but also the full source code.
Visit Koushik Dutta’s website here to read more and download the game.