As expected, Samsung today officially revealed the new Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic. The new Wear OS Powered by Samsung power these new smartwatches.
The main highlight of Galaxy Watch4 is the Samsung’s groundbreaking BioActive Sensor which uses a single chip to precisely run Optical Heart Rate, Electrical Heart and Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis. For the first time, customers can measure their body composition which will give them a deeper understanding of their general health and fitness, with key measurements like skeletal muscle, basal metabolic rate, body water and body fat percentage.
Other highlights of Galaxy Watch4 series:
- Galaxy Watch4 series boasts the first 5nm processor in a Galaxy Watch – with 20% faster CPU and 50% more RAM, and a GPU 10 times faster than the previous generation.
- You can have up to 40 hours of battery life– even as it supports the faster processor, higher resolution display, expanded memory and more sophisticated health features.
- And when you need more juice quickly, 30 minutes of charging provides up to 10 hours of battery.
- Choose from a wide range of guided workouts, enjoy Group Challenges with your friends and family, or set up a home gym by connecting your Galaxy Watch4 to your compatible Samsung Smart TV, where calorie counts and heart rate metrics appear on screen for easier tracking.
- The Galaxy Watch4 series offers our most complete picture of your sleep patterns yet with greater detail than before. Your compatible smartphone detects the sounds of your snores, while your smartwatch measures your blood oxygen level when you sleep Together with advanced Sleep Scores, you can learn more about your sleep patterns to get better rest.
Galaxy Watch4 & Galaxy Watch4 Classic Product Specifications
|Galaxy Watch4||Galaxy Watch4 Classic|
|Color||– 44mm: Black, Green, Silver|
– 40mm: Black, Pink Gold, Silver
|– 46mm: Black, Silver|
– 42mm: Black, Silver
– 44mm: 44.4 x 43.3 x 9.8mm, 30.3g
– 40mm: 40.4 x 39.3 x 9.8mm, 25.9g
|Stainless steel case|
– 46mm: 45.5 x 45.5 x 11.0mm, 52g
– 42mm: 41.5 x 41.5 x 11.2mm, 46.5g
|Display||– 44mm: 1.4? (34.6mm) 450×450 Super AMOLED, Full Color Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass with DX+|
– 40mm: 1.2? (30.4mm) 396×396 Super AMOLED, Full Color Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® Glass with DX+
|– 46mm: 1.4? (34.6mm) 450×450 Super AMOLED, Full Color Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® with Glass DX|
– 42mm: 1.2? (30.4mm) 396×396 Super AMOLED, Full Color Always On Display, Corning® Gorilla® with Glass DX
|Processor||Exynos W920 Dual Core 1.18GHz (5nm Processor)|
|Memory||1.5GB RAM + 16GB internal storage|
|Battery||44mm/46mm: 361mAh, 40mm/42mm: 247mAh (typical)|
WPC-based wireless charging
|OS||Wear OS Powered by Samsung20|
|UI||One UI Watch 3|
|Sensors||Samsung BioActive Sensor (Optical Heart Rate + Electrical Heart + Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis), Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Light Sensor|
|Connectivity||LTE,21 Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, NFC, GPS/Glonass/Beidou/Galileo|
|Durability||5ATM + IP68 / MIL-STD-810G|
|Compatibility||Android 6.0 or higher and with more than 1.5GB of RAM|
Pricing and Availability:
- Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic are available for pre-order in select markets starting on August 11, with retail availability starting August 27.
- Galaxy Watch4 – our modern, minimalist option designed for versatile all-day use – will come in 40mm and 44mm, starting at $249.99 for Bluetooth versions and $299.99 for LTE models. At launch, the 40mm variant will be available in Black, Silver and Pink Gold, while the 44mm variant will be offered in Black, Silver and a sophisticated Green.
- For those looking for a premium, timeless smartwatch design with our fan-favorite rotating bezel, Galaxy Watch4 Classic will start at $349.99 for Bluetooth versions and $399.99 for LTE models and will be available in 42mm and 46mm variants in Black and Silver.
- A special rhodium-plated Galaxy Watch4 Classic Thom Browne limited edition will be available in late September.
When you pre-order the new Samsung products from Samsung.com, you can now get up to $200 Samsung Credit which you can use it towards accessories and other Samsung products. Find the pre-order links below.
- Galaxy Z Fold3 5G (Get $200 Samsung Credit, and up to $800 off with the highest online instant trade-in values and your first 12 months of Samsung Care+. Plus, try it for 21 days worry-free for $0 down and pay later)
- Galaxy Z Flip3 5G (Pre-order today and get $150 Samsung Credit and up to $500 off with eligible trade-in. Plus, try it for 21 days worry-free for $0 down and pay later)
- Galaxy Watch4 (Get a $50 credit when you pre-order Galaxy Watch4)
- Galaxy Watch4 Classic (Get a $50 credit when you pre-order Galaxy Watch4 Classic)
- Galaxy Buds2 (Pre-order today and get a SmartTag for only $5. Plus, try it for 21 days worry-free for $0 down and pay later)