Microsoft yesterday released an update for Remote Desktop client preview app for Mac with many new features like Multiple monitor support, Copy and Paste files support and more. Read about it in detail below.
Multiple monitor support
The preview app now supports the ability to use multiple monitors in your remote session. You can enable multiple monitors for a desktop connection from the additional options.
Copy and Paste files
In addition to supporting copy/paste of text and images, the preview app now supports copy/paste of files so that you can transfer files into and out of the remote session using both Command X/C/V and CTRL X/C/V.
Updates to the keyboard
We’ve changed how the Beta app keyboard works to behave exactly like the Remote Desktop client store app. The Beta app initially used a new implementation of the keyboard; however, many of you reported that this new keyboard introduced several issues with typing into apps like the Hyper-v console and typing certain language characters. The Beta app will continue to support both Command X/C/V and Ctrl X/C/V to copy and paste between the local desktop and remote session. Use the Beta app Help->Report an issue option to share your feedback about the keyboard. Learn more about how the keyboard works in a remote session.
Together with the above new features, the preview app now supports:
- Direct connectivity to desktops as well as connectivity through a Remote Desktop Gateway
- A new user interface together with a redesigned user accounts experience that includes unified management
- High quality video and audio streaming
- Import of .rdp files into the app and export of connections as .rdp files
- New features like the ability to group desktops and to copy and paste images and files
The Microsoft Remote Desktop app for Mac available in the Mac App Store and it supports connecting to desktops, remote resources and Azure RemoteApp.