Microsoft Visual Studio team today released the Python Tools for Visual Studio 2.1 RC. Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS) is an open-source plug-in for Visual Studio that supports programming with the Python language with features such as CPython/IronPython, editing, IntelliSense, interactive debugging, profiling, IPython REPL with inline graphics cross-platform/language debugging and running Python websites on Microsoft Azure with tooling integration for both publishing and debugging.
New in this release:
- Numerous bug fixes throughout the entire product, especially for IntelliSense and code completions, debugging, general stability and performance
- Search paths within a project are now used for IntelliSense
- Django? template debugging now works on Python 3.4
- Anaconda environments can now use ‘conda install’ from PTVS
- The standard string visualizers (HTML, XML, JSON) can now be used when debugging
- Brace highlight color can now be changed
Python Tools for Visual Studio 2.1 RC can be downloaded for Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop or Web (starting with Update 2) and users of Visual Studio 2013, 2012 or 2010 Professional or higher.