We have already seen some leaked specs of the much rumoured Surface phone, but now a source has sent us some more details of the mythical handset.
The device is code-named Project Juggernaut Alpha, which is interestingly a name which has previously been associated with a Surface phone rumour, when the handset showed up via GPS logs in Microsoft’s Campus 3 years ago.
We assume this version is much upgraded from that device and features:
- Display: 1440×2560 16:9 AMOLED 5.5″ ClearBlack Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: Intel Atom x3 (SoFIA) 64-bit
- Camera: Back: 21MP PureView Zeiss 6-lens Front: 8MP Zeiss Wide-Angle
- RAM: up to 4GB RAM (lower end with 3GB and higher end with 4GB)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Mobile (Current revision of the device is running 10.0.10514.19)
- Storage: Options will include 64GB and 128GB with MicroSD Expansion up to 256GB
- Surface Pen (Similar to Note 5),
- USB Type-C
- Wireless Charging
- Aluminium & Magnesium unibody
The device will apparently be marketed as the Surface Mobile and will hit the market either at the end of 2015 or early 2016.
The handset is currently being internally tested with preview version of Windows Mobile:
The issue around being able to run Win32 apps on the device has apparently not been settled yet.
Unfortunately we do not have a lot of verification around the device, and of course specs are always subject to change, but if this is the real deal, are our readers happy? Let us know below.