Microsoft’s built-in tools for editing and correcting MP3 tags have never been the best, and with Windows 10 this has only become worse.
Fortunately there are plenty of good 3rd party applications up to the job, including the popular MP3Tag app by Florian Heidenreich.
The app is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files. It supports batch tag-editing of ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags for multiple files at once and can automatically add album art.
The app has now come to the Microsoft Store as a free download, meaning you can have one less auto-updater running in the background.
The app features:
- Batch Tag Editing — Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art — Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz — Save typing and import tags from online databases like Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words — Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically — Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags — Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV — Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
Find it in the Store here.