Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Since the Windows Phone 8.1 update, many complaints have come in regarding the Xbox Music App. The reviews complain about the app being slow, and music taking a while to load. So lets take a look at Pros/Cons of some of the top music apps that Windows Phone has to offer.
• Add songs to your phone and manage your local music collection
• Buy songs from the Xbox Music Store, everything from new releases to your old school favorites
• Create and edit playlists of your favorite songs
- Get constant updates from Microsoft to improve the official Music App.
- Ability to buy music from app.
- Stream your Xbox Collection (with Xbox Music Pass).
- App is slow and crashes (for many users).
- No live tile (I truly miss the beautiful animated music tile on WP8)
- No lock screen background (but rumor has it a future update may bring it back, better than ever)
Download the Official Music App for Windows Phone here.
Musictastic offers simple and elegant user interface with focus on what is most important – your music.
Quickly play your favorite songs by album, artist, playlist or just play everything. Application won’t bother you with unnecessary stuff.
- If you are looking for a music app to quickly get your music playing, this is the one!
- Simple UI.
- Customizable Live Tile.
- Free with no Ads.
- If you are looking for an app to buy/stream music, this is not for you.
Download Musictastic here.
OneMusic is the first fully featured alternative for your built in music player. Enjoy your favorite music in a beautiful, clean and simple way.
OneMusic will play all your music stored on your device. It is fast, customizable, allows you to create and manage playlists and so much more.
- Beautiful, easy to use UI.
- Lots of Customization Options.
- Paid App ($2 with trial option).
Try OneMusic by clicking here.
– Search, browse & play millions of tracks.
– Explore & play your friends’ playlists, top artists and tracks.
– Stream over WiFi or 2.5/3G – all your existing playlists are available.
– Offline playlists – play your music without an internet connection.
– On-the-fly sync – every track you add to a playlist appears on mobile and computer.
– Receive music from friends via the inbox.
– Starred tracks – tag all your favourites into a special list.
- Easily sync’s with Spotify Desktop app.
- Stream playlists OR save to phone for offline listening.
- Requires Spotify Premium Account to use Windows Phone app (Free trial).
Download Spotify here.
• Log in using your existing account or create a new one
• Create up to 100 stations
• Manage stations: create, delete, and add variety to your stations
• Customize your shuffle settings
• Fine tune your stations by thumbing tracks up or down
• Go to the Store to buy songs and albums
• Filter explicit content
• Turn on higher-quality playback
- Very Clean UI.
- Lockscreen and Live Tile support.
- Option to stream without subscribing (includes ads).
- No Offline Support
Download Pandora from the WP store here.
Start listening with Play Me, an ever-changing mix based on the music you love. Use Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down to make the mix better each time you play. It’s like having your own personal radio station. Also includes hundreds of handcrafted mixes, create a mix, gigs, artist notifications, mp3 store and player, and of course the ability to save your favorite mixes for offline playback so you can listen even without an internet connection.
- Stream and find new music easily.
- Unique, effective UI.
- Exclusive to Lumia phones (I have HTC 8X, I would love to try this app).
- Need to subscribe for unlimited offline storage, unlimited skips, and more.
Download MixRadio here.