Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Podcast Lounge, the podcast app for Windows Phone today picked up a new update. The latest update brings a handful of new features as well as improvements to the app. The update brings a very important to the Background Sync feature. The latest update also trims out some ‘excess libraries’ which will reduce storage space and improve the app performance.
If you’re waiting for a localized version of Podcast Lounge, you will be glad to know that the latest update brings localization support to the app. However, for now, the app only supports US English and UK English. The developer behind the app has told us that German, French and Spanish translations will be available soon in a future update.
Here are some of the new changes of Podcast Lounge 2.5:
- Improvements to the Background Sync functionality (it appears that Battery Saver decides to block Podcast Lounge under its own authority – we can now detect that it’s happened and prompt the user to turn it back on
- Trimmed out some excess libraries that were taking up space and optimised the load functionality for even better performance.
- Localisation support now built-in. For now we’ve included US English and British English, but we have German, French and Spanish translations underway now for inclusion in a future update.
- Improvements to the reliability of remembering the position of streamed podcasts (in some cases the time-out caused PL to delete the position token unhelpfully)
- Several other tweaks including disabling background, suppressing sleep timer prompts, redesigning the welcome section, adding greater date ranges to Smart Playlists and full support for virtual navigation buttons.
- Usual raft of boring under-the-hood fixes and performance improvements based on the crash reports we’re getting from our users.