Is Copilot the best AI companion out there? Help us find out by answering a couple of quick questions!
Pokémon Go is an augmented reality mobile game developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices. It was released last week and since then it has become a rage among young gamers. Nintendo’s stock value has increased by about $7.5 billion following high interest and engagement for their latest game. For now, Nintendo has not released this game for Windows devices. However, you can play this game on your Windows 10 PC using Android emulator such as Bluestacks. This game requires gamers to walk around their neighborhood with the smartphones to capture Pokémon nearby. Since you can’t carry your Windows PC, you can use Fake GPS to fool the game that you are actually moving around. Even if you have Android or iOS device, if you want to collect all the Pokémons without leaving your desk, then the following may be your solution.
Travis D from YouTube has posted a detailed tutorial on how to play Pokemon Go on a Windows PC. Read it below.
How to play Pokemon Go on Windows PC:
Download the following and put it in single folder on your Windows PC. Please note that, apart from Bluestacks which you download from their official site, all others are Android APK files.
- Lucky Patcher (rename to lucky_patcherv6.2.4.apk if you want)
- Fake GPS 4.6
- Pokemon GO
Follow the below steps,
Step 1. Install Bluestacks (If you already have Bluestacks, uninstall it, restart your PC and install the latest downloaded version)
(as soon as you’re done installing bluestacks please disable camera by going into REGEDIT on your computer and going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Guests\Android\Config — hit camera and change the ‘1’ to a ‘0’ exit out of that.
Step 2. Add/Install Kingroot to bluestacks
Step 3. Run Kingroot and scroll to bottom and hit Try it. Wait til it gets to 100% and hit optimize.
Step 4. Restart android (right click cog wheel and restart android)
Step 5. Add/Install Lucky Patcher
Step 6. Open Lucky Patcher
Step 7. Hit Grant
Step 8. Click Rebuild/Install on bottom
Step 9. Hit SD—] Windows–] Find Fake GPS 4.6 .apk
Step 10. Install Fake GPS as SYSTEM App using Lucky Patcher (above steps)
Step 11. Hit yes when it asks you to install as system app, then hit NO when it asks you to reboot.
Step 12. Close out of everything except the welcome/android tab above.
Step 13. Restart Android (using cog wheel)
Step 14. Add Pokemon GO to Bluestacks (using the APK button on left side)
Step 15. Launch Lucky Patcher
Step 16. Hit Search on Bottom
Step 17. Hit Filter top right and sort as SYSTEM Apps
Step 18. You should see Fake GPS, click that and launch.
Step 19. In Fake GPS on the top right, go into settings and make sure EXPERT mode is checked.
Step 20. Find a place on map you want to start spoofing from.. ex., central park
Step 21. Hit the Play button or whatever on bottom right when you find a place
Step 22. The maps should close, thats fine. Open Pokemon GO (you’ll have to log into google account and stuff when you login) just sign in, just be sure to hit no when it says it wants to use your location.
Some common issues:
- FAILED TO DETECT?
- Make sure LOCATION services on your PC are turned off. (In Windows 10, Settings->Location)
- Double check that in your android settings in bluestacks gps is set to high accuracy and that google location services is disabled.
- STILL GETTING FAILED TO DETECT LOCATION? TRY THIS
- First of all, download developer menu apk file.
- After installing it, open it, and turn it OFF! (everything is unchecked)
- CRASHING WHEN CATCHING POKEMON?
- The number 1 fix so far has been completely uninstalling bluestacks (deleting all leftover data from bluestacks) and doing a 100% fresh clean install.. follow this tutorial to a T)
- POKESTOPS NOT WORKING? CAUGHT POKEMON NOT SAVING?
- You probably jumped far away from where you last were and now you’re softbanned (don’t freak out, its temporary) its a block for about 30-45 minutes, wait it out if you’re in a popular place and it’ll start working, when you jump next try to jump in less than 10 mile intervals. hope that helps!
- ANYTHING ELSE NOT WORKING PROPERLY?
- please do a complete uninstall and do a fresh install, redownload the bluestacks.