Microsoft has released a new version of the official Windows Phone YouTube app, which they created in conjunction with Google.
We’ve released an updated YouTube app for Windows Phone that provides the great experience our consumers expect while addressing the concerns Google expressed in May, including the addition of ads. We appreciate Google’s support in ensuring that Windows Phones customers have a quality YouTube experience and look forward to continuing the collaboration.
The app features:
- Pin videos, playlists, channels and search queries to the Start screen as Live Tiles
- Manage your YouTube profile with your unique My YouTube page
- Manage your playlists, uploads and video lists
- Find channels, videos and playlists with the quick access search bar with new search suggestions
- Share videos to social networks, e-mail and text messages
- Help your kids view age appropriate videos in Kid’s Corner and keep their own profile
The app now also supports video uploads and direct streaming to YouTube.
The updated app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.