Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft has just released a new update for the weekly Dev build of the new Chromium-powered Edge browser, taking it to Build 188.8.131.52.
The release brings two new features:
- Clicking the shortcut for a pinned website will now select a tab that contains the shortcut’s website if one is already open instead of opening a new tab every time.
- Hovering over a website’s address on the history page now shows the full URL.
It also contains a number of fixes:
- Fixed an issue where Edge sometimes crashes on launch.
- Fixed a crash when viewing settings in InPrivate.
- Fixed an issue where the first launch experience doesn’t happen if the user isn’t connected to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where certain dialogues are cut off on small screens.
- Fixed an issue where the side panels on certain edge:// pages aren’t visible when the window is at a narrow height.
- Fixed an issue where the horizontal scrollbar did not appear on certain pages.
Users in the weekly Dev channel can update their browser by visiting the About Edge page in the Browser Settings.