Microsoft has released a new update (Build 220.127.116.11 ) to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel.
This is the first release out of the version 78 branch, and comes with many features and fixes. Some of the most significant ones include:
New features and behaviour:
- Added an option in Settings to choose between light and dark themes.
- Added the ability to import cookies from the existing version of Edge.
- Added a policy to enable deleting browsing data upon exit.
- Added a policy to prevent downloads from being marked as unsafe when they come from a trusted source.
- Added what version of Edge a management policy is supported on to the list of policies.
- Added dark theme support to the feedback screenshot editor window.
- Added dark theme support to the first-run sign-in popup.
- Added dark theme support to the browser sign in error popup.
- Added a confirmation when enabling sending Do Not Track requests.
Fixes for improved reliability:
- Fixed an issue where Edge Canary crashes on launch on Mac.
- Fixed an issue where saving a PDF file sometimes causes the browser to crash.
- Fixed an issue where navigating between pages in IE mode sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where Netflix would sometimes fail with error D7111-1331.
- Fixed an issue where items on the Favorites Bar sometimes don’t respond to clicks when a folder is open.
- Fixed an issue where syncing sometimes gets stuck in the “Initialization” phase.
- Fixed an issue where signing into the browser sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where signing into the browser sometimes fails without showing any error.
- Fixed an issue where websites that were supposed to automatically sign in using the account that the browser is signed in with don’t get signed in properly.
- Fixed an issue where saving PDF files sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where zooming in on a PDF sometimes causes form fill to fail.
Fixes for improved behaviour:
- Fixed an issue where links that would launch other applications don’t work in IE mode.
- Changed the tiles on the new tab page to show the page’s title when hovering over them instead of the page’s address.
- Removed Read Aloud from browser pages like Settings.
- Fixed an issue where the F12 Dev Tools feedback (smiley face) button sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs with restrictions (on printing, copying text, etc.) are not getting those restrictions enforced.
- Fixed an issue where PDF scrolling doesn’t work properly on some PDF files.
- Fixed an issue where using the arrow keys to move the text cursor in PDF forms sometimes doesn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the first run experience showed two checkboxes to allow browsing data to sync across devices.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the Save Page As command appears twice in the File menu.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the language the browser is displayed in sometimes isn’t the preferred language as defined by the OS.
- Fixed an issue where an empty tooltip appears when you open a menu like the … menu.
- Fixed an issue where the geolocation usage notification sometimes remains after leaving the website it applied to.
- Fixed an issue where an extra scroll bar sometimes appears in Reading View.
- Fixed an issue where a desktop shortcut is sometimes being created when removing a profile.
- Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping IE mode tabs will sometimes cause them to show the wrong zoom level.
- Fixed an issue where the Downloads page cuts off its content when the window size decreases instead of resizing it.
- Fixed an issue where the sync confirmation dialog isn’t wide enough to fit its contents.
- Fixed an issue where some browser pages like Favorites don’t get dark or light theme applied until the page is refreshed.
- Improved the light theme in the F12 Dev Tools.
- Fixed an issue where some icons like the new tab page icon aren’t properly updating to a lighter color when the browser is switched to dark theme.
- Fixed an issue where the buttons on the PDF toolbar don’t change state when you interact with them.
Users in the weekly Dev channel can update their browser by visiting the About Edge page in the Browser Settings.
To download the updated browser, which can be used side by side with regular Edge, read more at Microsoft here.