Microsoft has released a new update (Build 18.104.22.168) to the Microsoft Edge Developer channel.
This build contains a number of fixes and improvements, the most notable of which is the ability to mark up screenshots with ink, the blocking of the installation of extensions that are banned from the Chrome extensions store and additional text to identify when a window is InPrivate or Guest.
The update also brings messasing to better help users for some cases when Internet Explorer mode fails to start and the ability to import settings from the original version of Edge.
The full changelog includes the following fixes for improved reliability and stability:
- Fixed a crash when pressing Tab.
- Fixed a crash when pressing F6.
- Fixed an issue where the Downloads page sometimes didn’t render.
- Fixed an issue where Netflix was slow when playing 4K video.
- Fixed a crash when installing extensions.
- Fixed a hang when playing certain types of videos.
- Fixed some hangs when opening Application Guard windows.
- Fixed an issue where the popup blocker would sometimes fail to work in Internet Explorer mode.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes fails to start properly.
- Fixed some issues where opening certain PDF files sometimes failed.
It also includes fixes for improved behaviour:
- Fixed an issue where SafeSearch couldn’t be turned on.
- Fixed an issue where selecting all text in a PDF didn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the Apps page occasionally shows duplicate entries.
- Fixed an issue where languages were getting added to edge://settings/languages when they shouldn’t have been.
- Fixed an issue where PDF form fields sometimes don’t appear properly.
- Fixed an issue where tab icons are occasionally the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where address bar icons are occasionally the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where certain icons weren’t displaying correctly in certain countries.
- Fixed an issue where the correct start page wasn’t appearing in some countries.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows sometimes didn’t display in the proper language.
Users in the weekly Dev channel can update their browser by visiting the About Edge page in the Browser Settings.
To download the updated browser, which can be used side by side with regular Edge, read more at Microsoft here.