A new update for the Iris browser has been released, bringing the software to version 1.18. The update brings the following improvements:
- Improved graphics performance
- Faster networking and loading of local files
- Improved memory usage
- Improved asynchronous behavior while loading pages
- Support for the W3C Geolocation API
- Support for HTML5 SQL databases and client side storage
- Rendering improvements, including for <canvas>
- CSS transformations and effects
- Improved Thai support
- Right-to-left language fixes
- Many general bug fixes
Unfortunately the main issues with the browser, the UI, has not been addressed yet, but some changes for the better is expected in version 1.2, which should be coming soon.
Download the Iris browser from Torch Mobile here.