Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi announced a unified governance app for Android, iOS and Windows phones called UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) at 5th Global Conference on Cyberspace. This app aims on making it easier for the Citizens of India for get engaged with the Government on the motto of Digital India.
Services like national scholarships, women’s safety, passport seva, etc are supported by this app. This app is available in a total of 10 Indian Languages including Hindi and English and offers customer support from 8AM IST to 8PM IST everyday.
Some of the main highlighting features of the app are :
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
- Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in encrypted format and no one can view this information.
This app is mobile only and hence does NOT work on Windows 10 PCs. You can get the app for Windows 10 Mobile, Android and iOS from their respective Stores below.