Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Earlier today we reported that Samsung has finally completed the design of Galaxy Fold and the company is going to launch it in Korea tomorrow. However, before the launch, Samsung gave tech reviewers an opportunity to play with the device at the IFA 2019 in Berlin.
We have already covered the changes Samsung made to the Galaxy Fold. In case you forgot, here is the list of changes made by Samsung:
- The top protective layer of the Infinity Flex Display has been extended beyond the bezel, making it apparent that it is an integral part of the display structure and not meant to be removed.
- Galaxy Fold features additional reinforcements to better protect the device from external particles while maintaining its signature foldable experience:
- The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps.
- Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display.
- The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced.
The Verge was one of the news outlets who got a chance to play around with the new Galaxy Fold. They have shared a video showcasing all the changes made to the device.
The Samsung Galaxy Fold is available in Korea starting tomorrow followed by a launch in Germany on 18th September. Samsung has been quiet on the pricing of the improved device so we assume that there are no changes made to the price of the device.