HoloStream is a new first of its kind app by London-based start-up Kazendi, which lets iOS users access the video stream generated by the HoloLens mixed reality headset, and thereby share the point of view of the user currently wearing the device.
The $39.99 iPhone or iPad app lets users seamlessly choose between high, medium and low quality to best suit their bandwidth. The app will auto-detect headsets on the WIFI network and lets users easily switch between them. It also features a built-in video recording feature (which saves to your phone), and makes it easy to capture borderless full-screen screen shots.
See the full list of features of the iOS app below:
- Don’t sweat demonstrating your HoloLens: Reliable video streams from the HoloLens headset to your iPhone or iPad
- HoloLens autodetection on your wifi network: Simply enter the username and password to access the stream
- Choose between Low, Medium and High quality streaming
- View your stream in Portrait, Landscape and Borderless Fullscreen
- Auto-restarting for stalled streams
- Record videos of your live stream to your phone
- Take Screenshots
- Auto-detection is limited on personal hotspots to make it easier on your data plan!
- Manual addition of HoloLenses by typing in their IP address
The app can be found in the Apple App Store here.